Friday 8 April 2011

Where to Begin?

Hi There!

Well this is my first attempt at Blogging.

I have read so many wonderful Blogs and definitely wonder if I can be as inspirational to people as some of them are to me.  The reason I decided to Blog I guess was just to share my views on how I see the world and also just to confirm that we mothers do have good and bad days and are often experiencing something similar trials and tribulations somewhere down the line.

I'm a mother of two beautiful girls, Hannah and Amy, and a wife to John.  John is a dairy farmer, so we don't get to go away that often nor have nights out.  Dairying is 24/7 and 365 days a year. (Maybe I'll win the lotto one day and we can pay someone to do the milking and then we'll get away for a decent break.)

I love living in the country and having so much space that I can turn my music up to the max without worrying about my neighbours.  The view from my house is beautiful and when the floods were happening it was amazing to watch the water slowly swallow up our farmland.

Also I have started making cupcakes for family and friends and again I have been getting a lot of inspiration from different Blogs and FB pages.

These were for an 18th. 

I now have a friend, Treen (thanks Danielle) who is wonderful and helps me out with all my questions regarding icings, cutters and all things cake.  She makes cakes (you know those wonderful big, gorgeous works of art that I would love to attempt however just get scared by the thought of it).  Here's one of her gorgeous creations:


Christening cake for Hugo Brown
I know nothing inspirational has been passed on today.  It has basically been a get to know me kind of deal, but I'm hoping down the track that I inspire someone. 

Hope you have a lovely day
KTO x

3 comments:

  1. Well I think you are a gorgeous and inspirational Mama and am so proud that you have decided to take KT's Treats on! Can't wait to follow your blog and your beautiful life. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie this is awesome! I am addicted to looking at blogs and will def be following you. Same as Hannah, I can't wait to follow your beautiful life in the country! P xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie I didn't know you were blogging! Well done honey! I think you did a a great job :) So lovely to hear about your life. I have known you for so long but we don't get to share much of our lives these days. I think we are still more similar than we know :) Xx

    ReplyDelete